News Articles about our Research
- How Close Is Too Close? Industry Courts Computer Scholars, Chronicle of Higher Education (Avi Wolfman-Arent). August 11, 2014.
- VMWare Press Release: Muntasir Rahman wins the VMWare Graduate Fellowship for 2014-2015 (one of the 4 winners worldwide).
- Sending data to the cloud? Stick it in the post (New Scientist, May 2011, Jacob Aron). This is an article about our Pandora system.
- BeeSpace project benefits from the Cloud Computing Testbed (Illinois News Bureau, June 21, 2011)
- UI gets $6 million for cloud-computing research (News Gazette, May 9, 2011)
- UI cracking down on illegal downloading (Daily Illini newspaper, March 14, 2011): Article by Daniel Wicentowski of Daily Illini, has quotes from Indranil Gupta
- HP, Intel and Yahoo!, in collaboration with NSF announce global Cloud Computing Testbed (CCT) at University of Illinois and other places. The DPRG group is deeply involved in the UIUC effort. NSF has announced a SGER grant (with lead PI: Mike Heath, and co-PIs: Indranil Gupta and Roy Campbell) to support the CCT equipment acquisition and setup.
Some articles on the effort:
Professor Indranil Gupta Receives Xerox Award for Research. (April 10, 2008)
In disaster aid, scientists look to bugs to help rescuers keep in touch. (July 16, 2007, Article in New York Resident)
Computers can mimic nature and outperform themselves. (April 17, 2006)
DCS faculty show high success level in earning prestigious CAREER award. (February 1, 2006)
Myriad Honors, Awards, and Accolades for CS Faculty. (March 9, 2005)
- "Insects, viruses could hold key for better
human teamwork in disasters" (March 1, 2005)
In disaster aid, scientists look to bugs to help rescuers keep in touch. (March 15, 2005, Article in Columbia News Service/Columbia School of Journalism)