The DPRG Blog (new June 2018!)
News Articles about our Research
- The Morning Paper's coverage of our Getafix paper in Eurosys 2018.
- The Morning Paper's coverage of our Service Fabric paper in Eurosys 2018.
- CS@Illinois article on our work involving Microsoft's Service Fabric, Apr 20, 2018
- Article on Implicit Bias in Online Courses, Daily Illini, Mar 26, 2018. (Featuring an interview)
- Google Offers Free Cloud Access to Colleges, Plays Catch Up to Amazon, Microsoft, EdSurge Article, Aug 17, 2016. (Featuring an interview)
- Harnessing the power of the Data Revolution, Click Magazine, 2016. vol 1. See pages 12-18.
- Folks are blogging about our Cross-layer Cloud Scheduling work from IC2E 2015 -- see here. You can find the paper here. Apr 15, 2015
- HP Enterprise article (Issue No. 7, Fall 2015) about public clouds. (Featuring an interview)
- CS@Illinois MOOC Enrolments Soar as New Specializations Launch, CS Department Article, Apr 10, 2015
- How Close Is Too Close? Industry Courts Computer Scholars, Chronicle of Higher Education (Avi Wolfman-Arent). August 11, 2014.
- VMWare Press Release: Muntasir Rahman wins the VMWare Graduate Fellowship for 2014-2015 (one of the 4 winners worldwide).
- Sending data to the cloud? Stick it in the post (New Scientist, May 2011, Jacob Aron). This is an article about our Pandora system.
- BeeSpace project benefits from the Cloud Computing Testbed (Illinois News Bureau, June 21, 2011)
- UI gets $6 million for cloud-computing research (News Gazette, May 9, 2011)
- UI cracking down on illegal downloading (Daily Illini newspaper, March 14, 2011): Article by Daniel Wicentowski of Daily Illini, has quotes from Indranil Gupta
- HP, Intel and Yahoo!, in collaboration with NSF announce global Cloud Computing Testbed (CCT) at University of Illinois and other places. The DPRG group is deeply involved in the UIUC effort. NSF has announced a SGER grant (with lead PI: Mike Heath, and co-PIs: Indranil Gupta and Roy Campbell) to support the CCT equipment acquisition and setup.
Some articles on the effort:
Professor Indranil Gupta Receives Xerox Award for Research. (April 10, 2008)
In disaster aid, scientists look to bugs to help rescuers keep in touch. (July 16, 2007, Article in New York Resident)
Computers can mimic nature and outperform themselves. (April 17, 2006)
DCS faculty show high success level in earning prestigious CAREER award. (February 1, 2006)
Myriad Honors, Awards, and Accolades for CS Faculty. (March 9, 2005)
- "Insects, viruses could hold key for better
human teamwork in disasters" (March 1, 2005)
In disaster aid, scientists look to bugs to help rescuers keep in touch. (March 15, 2005, Article in Columbia News Service/Columbia School of Journalism)